We have summarized the questions that we receive most frequently for you.
How do I reach technical support?
You can reach the KorFin® support hotline at the following number: +49 (0)351 31213-555. You are also welcome to send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
How can I get KorFin training?
We offer weminars and trainings online and as in-person events. Learn more about our training content ad dates or conact us for individual consultation.
How do I create a new project?
First, select the project directory which you should have already created (File - Select project directory). Then you can create a new workbook (File - New workbook) and save it (File - Save workbook).
How does the transfer between KFM and KF work? How can I load resources?
Resources are created in KorFin® Model and exported from there. To import these resources into your KorFin® model, the following steps have to be followed:
- Open the workbook In Korfvin® using File -- Edit workbook (F3).
- Click on the green plus in the project tab.
- Select the resource to register it.
Then you can add the resources and other models (other models are: world objects, terrain models, specialist models, areas/lines, vegetation, boundaries, and others).
- Open the contents tab in the workbook.
- Select the model from the list and click the green plus to select the model.
How can I turn content on and off? Activate or deactivate it?
You can choose whether or not to display the content using the screen icon (found in the project tree next to the respective content). The yellow screen icon shows the content, the gray screen icon hides it.
To activate content for object selection, use the checkmark icon (found in the project tree next to the respective content). Activated contents get a blue check mark, deactivated contents get a gray check mark.
Where do I find the object selection?
Object selection can be activated via the yellow arrow in the global toolbar at the top left of the screen.
Where do I find the work log?
The yellow list icon at the top right of the screen can be used to show or hide the work log. The work log is located in the lower screen area.
How do I route an axis/gradient?
- First, create a new construction line (Construction line - New construction line)
- Enter the desired settings (name, construction line type and type of line guidance, display properties of the construction line and others).
- Confirm with OK.
In the upper right area of the screen there is a blue list icon "select modes", which can be used to activate the operating modes (e.g. construction).
Where do I find the cross profile view?
In the upper right area of the screen there is a blue list icon "select modules," which can be used to activate the modules (including cross profiles as a blue icon). In addition, the cross profiles can be opened with the key combination Ctrl+P.
How can I create a cost estimate?
- Activate the red € symbol next to the construction line (to be found in the project tree next to the respective content).
- In the upper right area of the screen there is a blue list symbol "select modules" which can be used to activate the modules.
- In the "Costs" window, a template (*rskt) now has to be loaded.
How can I load a specialist model into my BIM model?
Specialist models can be added in the workbook:
- Open the workbook in the main menu via File - Edit Workbook (F3).
- Open the Contents tab in the workbook.
- Select "Specialist model" from the list and click the green plus to select the model.
How can I perform clash detection?
- In the project tree, select the contents that are to be checked for collisions.
- In the upper right area of the screen, there is a blue list icon "Select modules", which can be used to activate the modules (including clashes as a yellow-blue icon).
- Click on the magnifying glass in the window to search for clashes.
How can I enrich with attributes?
In the BIM Center, you can automatically select your entire model or individual objects or enrich them with attributes.
- In the upper right area of the screen, there i a blue list icon "Select modules", which can be used to activate the modules (including the BIM Center as a yellow carton symbol).
- Select "Rule" from the list and create a new rule by clicking on the green plus.
- Give the script a name and define the conditions (which specialist objects should be enriched?) and commands (what should be enriched?) that should be executed.
- By clicking on the colorful calculation icon (found in the upper right corner of the BIM Center), the scripts are executed and the specialist objects are enriched.